Recipe by Happy Hippie
As I was going through some of my old (very old) recipe boxes, I came across this ribs recipe that I haven't made in years, but will again soon. I recall these being nicely sweet with a definite Hawaiian influence.
Top Review by klintoit
This recipe was passed down from my mother to me. In hers the peppers where optional and the ribs where par boiled for 20 minutes to remove the fat then cut up and baked. We are in the process of moving and it was packed away so thank you for having this available. We cook a triple batch and vacuseal and freeze some for future meals. This is the only meal that the kids would eat after it became a "left over". Thank you again, Kevin
- 3 lbs pork spareribs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple chunks in juice, canned
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a shallow pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 30 minutes.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours, basting frequently.