1/1 Photo of Baked Spanish - Style Tortilla
1 hr 5 mins
Unlike traditional tortillas (the Spanish form of frittatta), which rely on copious quantities of olive oil for frying potatoes and other ingredients, this version steams the spuds and lightly sautes the remaining (homegrown) veggies with a tiny bit of chorizo, then combines them with an egg substitute, paprika and goat cheese. Baked in a springform pan, it's a full meal in a slice - no crust required!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces new potatoes, quartered and cooked (I steamed mine)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (500 ml) carton egg beaters southwestern egg substitute (or 8 eggs plus diced red bell pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 ounce dry spanish chorizo, diced*
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a 9” springform pan wrapped in foil.
- 2Heat oil in a deep saute pan over medium heat and add the zucchini and shallots.
- 3Cook until zucchini begins to brown, then add the potatoes and garlic (and peppers if using) and cook 1 minute.
- 4In a large bowl, beat the Egg Beaters (or eggs), paprika, salt, pepper, cream, thyme, green onions and cheese until well combined.
- 5Add sauteed mixture and stir through gently.
- 6Pour into the pan and bake until the eggs set, about 40-45 minutes.
- 7Cool at least 5 minutes before running a thin knife around the edge of the pan and unmoulding.
- 8This is great warm or cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spanish - Style Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 111.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
egg beaters southwestern egg substitute