1/4 Photos of Baked Spanish Spinach Balls in Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Albond
Mami J's Note:
This is a traditional recipe from the region of Madrid, Spain's capital. For the cheese, use any mild cheese that melts well, such as Monterey Jack. Found on-line and posted for Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1***Note, to roast the bell pepper: place on a hot, dry skillet or griddle. Cook turning often until all skin is blackened and blistered. Remove from heat and place in a plastic bag to steam. When bell pepper is cool, peel and seed.
- 2Make sauce: puree the bell pepper with 1 tbs olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
- 4Cook the spinach in the microwave as directed. Coarsely chop. Place in a bowl and, using your hands, mix with the mashed potato, the egg, and grated cheese.
- 5Grease a baking dish with the remaining olive oil. Make small balls out of the spinach/potato mixture and place on greased dish. Sprinkle evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden and spinach balls are heated through.
- 7Serve with the roasted bell pepper sauce.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spanish Spinach Balls in Roasted Bell Pepper Sauce (Albond
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g