This is a traditional recipe from the region of Madrid, Spain's capital. For the cheese, use any mild cheese that melts well, such as Monterey Jack. Found on-line and posted for Zaar World Tour 5.
- ***Note, to roast the bell pepper: place on a hot, dry skillet or griddle. Cook turning often until all skin is blackened and blistered. Remove from heat and place in a plastic bag to steam. When bell pepper is cool, peel and seed.
- Make sauce: puree the bell pepper with 1 tbs olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
- Cook the spinach in the microwave as directed. Coarsely chop. Place in a bowl and, using your hands, mix with the mashed potato, the egg, and grated cheese.
- Grease a baking dish with the remaining olive oil. Make small balls out of the spinach/potato mixture and place on greased dish. Sprinkle evenly with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden and spinach balls are heated through.
- Serve with the roasted bell pepper sauce.