This dish is inspired by the Spanish classic Paella and is cooked from raw in the oven. The rice can be a little soft, cooking it this way but it's absolutely delicious and so easy!
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 ounces risotto rice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 7 ounces chorizo sausage, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 1⁄4 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron strand
- 8 large raw shrimp
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, chicken broth, saffron and some salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.