Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was on the can itself many years ago. I am sending what I make now, there are obviously changes from the original. My children/grandchildren think that this is the only way to cook Spam!
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 2 teaspoons water (approx.)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Spam on oven proof dish, glass is best.
- Poke 5 - 7 holes in top of Spam. I use the end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix remaining ingredients together. Spoon about 2 teaspoons on top and place in oven.
- Bake about 30 minutes, pouring sauce on top every 10 minutes or so, until all sauce is gone.
- I slice it thin and serve with parsley potatoes and peas.
Don't count Spam out until you have tried this recipe. This recipe transforms Spam into something special. It was a little too sweet for me so next time I will cut back on the sugar and up the vinegar slightly. I cut the recipe back to 1/2 - I used Splenda Brown sugar so perhaps that is why it was sweeter. Served it with a Russian Omelet - they went well together Thanks for a lovely Sunday Brunch Maryellen