1/1 Photo of Baked Spaghetti With Chicken and Spinach
One of our favourite ways to serve spaghetti, leaves a nice tingle. Serve with a fresh green salad and crusty rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Italian style)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook spaghetti, al dente, drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in large saucepan.
- 3Add garlic and onion, cook until soft, but not browned.
- 4Add chicken, brown on all sides, turning often, until no longer pink.
- 5Sauce: In a blender or food processor, add stewed tomatoes, basil, tarragon, salt, chili flakes, parsley, garlic and cheese.
- 6Pulse until just chunky, not smooth.
- 7Add sauce to chicken mixture.
- 8Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 9Line an oven proof casserole with the spinach.
- 10Lay the spaghetti over the spinach.
- 11Pour the chicken/sauce mixture over the spaghetti.
- 12Bring a spoon up through the layers to mix lightly and turn the spinach throughout.
- 13Sprinkle cheeses on top and add another dash of chili flakes if desired.
- 14Bake at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti With Chicken and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.3
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 138.1 mg
- Sodium 1469.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 57.9 g