One of our favourite ways to serve spaghetti, leaves a nice tingle. Serve with a fresh green salad and crusty rolls.
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Italian style)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti, al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until soft, but not browned.
- Add chicken, brown on all sides, turning often, until no longer pink.
- Sauce: In a blender or food processor, add stewed tomatoes, basil, tarragon, salt, chili flakes, parsley, garlic and cheese.
- Pulse until just chunky, not smooth.
- Add sauce to chicken mixture.
- Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Line an oven proof casserole with the spinach.
- Lay the spaghetti over the spinach.
- Pour the chicken/sauce mixture over the spaghetti.
- Bring a spoon up through the layers to mix lightly and turn the spinach throughout.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top and add another dash of chili flakes if desired.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes.