Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warning! This is delish! Sauce is made from scratch (Easy). The combination of cheeses and cream cheese is wonderful! I add a little less cheese than what is called for, but if you are like my mom then you will like the amount of cheese called for. The prep time may seem long b/c I included the simmering time in it.
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, raw chopped
- 1 cup diced sausage (any variety, I use Mild Smoked Sausage)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 ounces sliced swiss cheese (or less)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use between 1/2-3/4 cup)
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese (I use between 1/2-3/4 cup)
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a pot; bring to boil and lower heat.
- Simmer for 1 hour covered.
- Combine ground beef, chicken, and sausage in a pan; cook until done.
- Add tomato mixture; simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Layer bottom of a 13x9x2 pan with sauce.
- Then add a layer of angel hair pasta; pinch cream cheese over pasta, place a single layer of swiss cheese, then 1/2 cheddar and jack cheeses, repeating layers ending with sauce.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese, return to oven and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
Best baked spaghetti recipe out there. I only skipped the swiss cheese, and you can definitely sub jarred sauce for a time saver.
I used ALL the cheese called for in this recipe. Very gooey and delish!