Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
This is the baked spaghetti recipe from the Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28 ounce) cantomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) canslices ripe olives, drained (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained (optional)
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and oregano. Add ground beef if desired.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the spaghetti in a greased 13X9X2 baking dish. Top with half of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Mix the soup and water until smooth, pour over casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.