Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From an issue of Family Circle. What issue and what year I don't know. I replaced the thyme with parsley as I am increasingly disliking thyme as thyme goes by.
- 1 spaghetti squash (2 1/2-3 pounds or two smaller squash)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth (be sure to use a broth that is low in sodium!) or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (be sure to use a broth that is low in sodium!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Squash: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Starting at the stem, cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds.
- Place the squash halves cut side down in a roasting pan. Add the water. Cover with foil.
- Bake squash for about 1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from oven and keep covered.
- In a pan or microwave safe glass bowl, combine the butter and broth. Heat until hot and butter is melted.
- Stir in the parsley and oregano.
- Use a fork to shred the spaghetti squash into strands. Transfer squash to a serving bowl. Add the herb-butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
It was okay - a tad on the runny side. DD did the recipe while I was at work so not sure if she followed cooking instructions exactly as I told her to microwave then shred the squash.