1 hr 25 mins
Becca Bricker's Note:
This is so good. My whole family loves it, including my picky 10 year old daughter. I got this recipe from Better Homes & Gardens magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (2 1/4 lb)
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green peppers or 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Halve squash crosswise; remove seeds. Place cut sides down in 2-quart baking dish. Add 1/4 C water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 13-15 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork; rearrange once for even baking.
- 2In a large skillet cook sausage, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; stir to break up sausage. Drain off fat.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Scrape pulp from squash. Wipe out baking dish; coat with non-stick cooking spray. Spread half of the squash in dish. Add half the sausage mixture and half the olives. Sprinkle with seasoning and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Top with half of the spaghetti sauce and cheese. Top with remaining squash, sausage, olives, and spaghetti sauce. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 1150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: