Recipe by Little Bee
I found this recipe off of Recipe Goldmine. We love Baked Spaghetti and this recipe for it is so easy and delicious! Serve it with a green salad and some garlic bread for an easy meal. This could be made in advance to freeze and would be a great potluck dish.
Top Review by Kay D.
We really enjoyed this. The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5, is that I thought it was a little too dry, and needed to have some more sauce. For me, that's really saying something, because I don't like a lot of sauce. But anyway, everything else I loved. I used whole wheat spaghetti (couldn't even tell the difference), and skipped the ground beef and used all turkey Italian sausage. (that addition really surprised me, seriously, you could not tell the difference in sausage). I had to use mozzarella instead of provolone, because someone at my house decided to make a "Dagwood" sandwich and ate all the provolone. My favorite part of all was the leftovers this generated. This is just as good reheated the next day. I will definitely make this again, I will just probably add a little more sauce.
- 2 lbs spaghetti
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Boil spaghetti until Al Dente drain and set aside.
- Mix ricotta, milk and eggs together in a small bowl; add to spaghetti and stir together.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and press spaghetti mixture into it until compact and even.
- Cook ground beef, sausage, and garlic in a large skillet.
- Drain fat, removing as much as possible.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Spread evenly over spaghetti base in pan.
- Layer slices of Provolone over meat mixture, then add the grated Romano on top of that.
- Bake 20 minutes.