Recipe by Linda R. #2
This is an easy, can be made ahead recipe that is pretty enough to serve guests. I had this at Touchetti's in Phoenix (which has since closed down) the first time years and years ago and liked it so well, came up with my own version.
- 1 lb pasta (Gemili works the best)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese or 16 ounces Italian cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon oregano, 1 tsp. Basil (or to taste)
- garlic salt with parsley (Lawry's)
- lemon pepper (Lawry's)
- hot red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 6 hot Italian sausages
- spaghetti sauce (Fresh & Easy's Arrabiata is wonderful)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, rinse and drain. In large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, 8 ounces of mozzarella or Italian blend and seasonings. Mix well. Add pasta and toss to coat well. Pack half of mixture into a greased springform pan. Top with a layer of mozzarella or Italian blend. Add remaining pasta mixture. Top with rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook sausage links and cut in half. Heat spaghetti sauce. Add cooked sausage to sauce.
- Cut “pie” into wedges and top with sauce and a sausage link. Serve with garlic bread and a crisp green salad.