This will please even the pickiest eaters
Make and share this Baked Spaghetti Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces ground beef or 16 ounces chuck
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions allow to drain well and cool.
- Combine margarine, parmesan cheese, eggs, and cooled spaghetti and press into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Spread the cottage cheese evenly to the edges.
- In a skillet sauté the bell pepper and onion then add the ground beef and brown it.
- Drain the beef/onion peppers mixture.
- Return to sauté pan and add the sugar, oregano, spaghetti sauce and garlic powder.
- Spread the mixture evenly to the edges and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes remove and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake until melted, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was a big hit with my family. I had a jar of Classico spicy tomato & basil flavored sauce, so there was a tiny bit more kick than is probably intended, but nevertheless, very good. Even my 5 year old ate it! Definitely a fun recipe for kids. Just saying, "Spaghetti Pie" gets them giggling, and after that they'll be begging to try it! Thanks for sharing, Miss Tink! I couldn't decide which photo to post, so I did the best of each pose. One whole pie, one plated at dinnertime and one the next day as leftovers, which was much easier to cut and gives a nice interior view. It was also just as delicious on day two as it was fresh, but I don't think it'll last beyond today! :D
You've been adopted! Fall 2011 Pick A Chef event - http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=363796&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is so delicious I could almost eat it every single day!!!! YUM! Kids love this too! Thanks for the recipe!