This will please even the pickiest eaters
Make and share this Baked Spaghetti Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces ground beef or 16 ounces chuck
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pint cottage cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions allow to drain well and cool.
- Combine margarine, parmesan cheese, eggs, and cooled spaghetti and press into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Spread the cottage cheese evenly to the edges.
- In a skillet sauté the bell pepper and onion then add the ground beef and brown it.
- Drain the beef/onion peppers mixture.
- Return to sauté pan and add the sugar, oregano, spaghetti sauce and garlic powder.
- Spread the mixture evenly to the edges and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes remove and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake until melted, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.