Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a "quick" way to make Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1 (16 ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimientos
- Crumble Ground Beef into a large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high until no pink is in meat.
- Drain Fat from meat.
- Saute onions in small pan until soft.
- Add meat to 2 cups of bottled tomato sauce
- Add 1 cup of diced tomatoes, onion and pimetos
- Simmer for 20 minutes or more.
- Cook spaghetti as per package.
- Cover bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 pan with sauce.
- Add a layer of pasta and less than 1/2 of each of the cheeses.
- repeat layers ending with sauce on top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Top Casserole with remaining cheese.
- Cook about 5 more minutes.