Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really good comfort meal for busy nights. It takes 60 minutes to be done completely, but a lot of that time is passively spent just waiting around for it to be baked in the oven! (Suggestion: have a nice glass of red wine while you're waiting!)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups muenster cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 4 cups meatless sauce
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare spaghetti sauce.
- Cook pasta for 1/3 of its preparation time in oiled and salted water.
- Pasta should be chewy and a little hard in the middle.
- Drain all but about 1/4 cup of the water.
- Stir in sauce.
- Mixture should be very wet because the spaghetti will continue to cook and absorb moisture.
- Grease a large baking dish and put a layer of spaghetti, then a layer of one-third of the cheese, then a layer of one-half of the olives (both kinds), repeat, then more spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Garnish with the remaining grated cheese and raw parsley.
I love the name of this dish!Perfect busy day dish and Dh loved it. Made 1/2 a recipe and it was more than enough for two. Thanks, meow, for another keeper.
I thought this would be good, but this was FANTASTIC! This takes spaghetti up so many notches that it's good enough for company (and was)! I pureed the olives in a blender and it made a nice layer of flavor with the swiss cheese. This recipe was so easy and so good that I'm not sure I'll ever be content to just to put noodles on a plate and pour sauce over them again...
What a terrific supper on a very cold night! Made 1/2 the recipe for the 2 of us, enough to fill two happy tummies and DH claimed the rest for his lunchpail! This was so good and moist(we hate dry casseroles), the salty olives and the nutty swiss cheese with the spaghetti sauce-great combo! Thank you, we'll have the again real soon!