Recipe by spatchcock
This is a really good comfort meal for busy nights. It takes 60 minutes to be done completely, but a lot of that time is passively spent just waiting around for it to be baked in the oven! (Suggestion: have a nice glass of red wine while you're waiting!)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese or 2 1⁄2 cups muenster cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 4 cups meatless sauce
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Prepare spaghetti sauce.
- Cook pasta for 1/3 of its preparation time in oiled and salted water.
- Pasta should be chewy and a little hard in the middle.
- Drain all but about 1/4 cup of the water.
- Stir in sauce.
- Mixture should be very wet because the spaghetti will continue to cook and absorb moisture.
- Grease a large baking dish and put a layer of spaghetti, then a layer of one-third of the cheese, then a layer of one-half of the olives (both kinds), repeat, then more spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Garnish with the remaining grated cheese and raw parsley.