1/4 Photos of Baked Spaghetti (Cheesy & Spicy)
1 hr 10 mins
I know there are a lot of Baked Spaghetti recipes on Zaar, but this is one my sister and I came up with for our group study, and it was so good, I wanted to keep the recipe here. It makes a lot, but freezes well. You can also make it the night before and just pop it in the oven the next night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef (browned)
- 1 cup onion
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel (If you like it spicer, use 3 cans of Rotel and leave out the diced tomatoes. That is what I did when)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces cooked and drained spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero cheese combination)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Saute onion, peppers and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until tender.
- 2Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, hamburger meat, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 3Place 1/2 of the spaghetti in a greased 13x9x3 inch dish.
- 4Top with half the meat sauce mixture.
- 5Sprinkle with 2 cups of Fiesta Blend Cheese.
- 6Repeat layers.
- 7After second layer of cheddar cheese, sprinkle all the parmesan cheese on top.
- 8Mix soup with water and pour over casserole. I used my finger to spread evenly so not to disturbe the cheese.
- 9Sprinkle with paprika to garnish.
- 10Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
- 11NOTE: I believe because of all the cheese in this recipe, there is extra liquid/water after the spaghetti is cut and allowed to sit. Don't worry about it. When the remaining dish is stored, just drain off extra liquid. It does not affect the taste of the recipe.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti (Cheesy & Spicy)
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.4
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.7 mg
- Sodium 1609.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 31.7 g