Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Taste of Home magazine, chef: Ruth Koberna, Brecksville, Ohio, We have this about twice a month. SOOO good. Reheats well the next day.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and hamburger in margarine. Drain.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Boil the spaghetti noodles and drain.
- Place half the spaghetti in greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Top with half vegetable mixture
- Sprinkle 1 C. cheese on top
- Repeat layers
- Mix soup and water, pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.