1/6 Photos of Baked Spaghetti Casserole
We love the Market Day Spaghetti Pie casserole. This is my own version that the kids like even better and its cheaper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) box angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (optional)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella and cheddar)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and PAM a 13x9 deep baking dish.
- 2In large skillet, brown ground beef.
- 3In large pot cook pasta to al dente'.
- 4When beef is cooked, drain and add spaghetti sauce and hot water (I always dump the water in the jar and shake it up to get the last bit of sauce out before adding to the pan).
- 5Add garlic and veggies and simmer about 10 minutes.
- 6When pasta is done, drain in a colander and rinse with hot water, let sit temporarily.
- 7In pasta pot, melt margarine.
- 8Stir in parmesan cheese, then add pasta back into pan.
- 9Beat eggs with milk and toss with pasta mixture.
- 10Press pasta in pan evenly.
- 11Top with sauce mixture, spreading to the edges.
- 12Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- 13Top with cheeses and bake additional 15 minutes until cheese starts to melt and brown.
- 14Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier cutting.
- 15Cut into squares.
- 16This makes a lot and freezes well in individual squares for lunches.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (1791 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4002.7
- Calories from Fat 1631
- Total Fat 181.2 g
- Saturated Fat 64.2 g
- Cholesterol 890.0 mg
- Sodium 1963.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 355.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 221.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato and basil pasta sauce