1/4 Photos of Baked Spaghetti
I was craving this one day when I didn't feel like going to the trouble of making lasagna. So I looked through several cookbooks but none of the recipes I found really hit me, so I kind of combined a few into this concoction. It's very easy, freezes beautifully! I serve it with Pillsbury breadsticks and some sauteed zucchini & squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce, any flavor
- 1 (14 ounce) can del monte diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion (do not drain)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 box angel hair pasta or 1 box spaghetti, whichever floats your boat
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Break the pasta into 3 inch lengths, then cook according to package directions, rinse& drain.
- 3While the pasta is cooking, dice the onion and brown it with the ground beef until no longer pink.
- 4Drain any excess grease.
- 5Stir the spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes in with the beef mixture, simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
- 6Stir in the pasta, and then stir in the cheddar cheese, mixing until cheese is completely melted.
- 7I would suggest using a pasta server to do this, it just works better.
- 8Personally, I use the olive oil flavored Pam to grease my baking pan.
- 9I usually divide this between 2 8 inch square pans, and I line one with tinfoil so I can freeze it for another night.
- 10So, either do that, or put the whole mix into a sprayed 13x9 pan.
- 11Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- 12Then sprinkle your mozzarella on top and bake for about 15 more minutes or until the mozzarella has melted to your liking.
- 13Dig in!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 302.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel hair pasta