Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was craving this one day when I didn't feel like going to the trouble of making lasagna. So I looked through several cookbooks but none of the recipes I found really hit me, so I kind of combined a few into this concoction. It's very easy, freezes beautifully! I serve it with Pillsbury breadsticks and some sauteed zucchini & squash.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless sauce, any flavor
- 1 (14 ounce) candel monte diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion (do not drain)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 box angel hair pasta or 1 box spaghetti, whichever floats your boat
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Break the pasta into 3 inch lengths, then cook according to package directions, rinse& drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the onion and brown it with the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Stir the spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes in with the beef mixture, simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the pasta, and then stir in the cheddar cheese, mixing until cheese is completely melted.
- I would suggest using a pasta server to do this, it just works better.
- Personally, I use the olive oil flavored Pam to grease my baking pan.
- I usually divide this between 2 8 inch square pans, and I line one with tinfoil so I can freeze it for another night.
- So, either do that, or put the whole mix into a sprayed 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Then sprinkle your mozzarella on top and bake for about 15 more minutes or until the mozzarella has melted to your liking.
- Dig in!
This is the best baked spaghetti I ever had. I had to make myself not eat the whole pot of spaghetti. I brung this to a social and there were 3 different types of spagetti on the table but everybody kept coming for mine. Part of me didn't want anyone to eat any of it so I could take it home and eat it myself. Thanks so much for this wonderful and delicious recipe.
Love it, the only thing I changed is instead of diced tomatoes w/green peppers i added a can of diced tomatoes w/green chilies. It gives it just a little kick.