Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine.
- 453.59 g package spaghetti
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 680.38 g jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2 eggs
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 73.94 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml 4% cottage cheese
- 946.36 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- Whisk eggs, parmesan cheese and butter in a large bowl.
- Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This was simple to put together. It was a little dry, so I might add a little more spaghetti sauce next time.
I give this five stars for taste, easy preperation and my kids' asking for seconds and even leftovers the next day! I made this as written, but used half part skim ricotta and half 2% cottage cheese for the cottage cheese mixture. It was a nice mix of tomato meat sauce and creamy spaghetti. As I said, the kids really loved it, so I'll be making this again. Thanx for posting!