Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Taste of Home Aug/Sept 2006. "This is a wonderful casserole for a potluck. Whenever I make it, people enjoy it, especially the men." Made for dinner tonight. It is delicious. I think the rosemary should be decreased because it is a little overpowering for my taste. And as always, you can always use more cheese if ya want! I don't believe this would freeze well, but if you try, let me know how it turns out!
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Break spaghetti in half and cook according the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, cook the beef, onion, and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, and seasonings.
- Drain spaghetti and stir into meat sauce.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Transfer to an greased 13x9x2 inches baking dish. (I reccommend either a throw away aluminum lasagne pan or lining with foil for easy cleanup).
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 10-15 minutes longer until the cheese is melted.