Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy, cheesy baked entree that kids will love. Make an extra or cut recipe in half and freeze one for later.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti (I like the thin best)
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (I don't use as I'm allergic to pepper) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti following pkg directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook ground chuck and onions in a large skillet, stirring until meat browns and crumbles; drain well.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder (optional), 1/4 cup of the shredded Cheddar, the Worcestershire sauce, catchup, and mustard into the meat mixture. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in spaghetti and beef stock.
- Spoon mixture into a Pam sprayed baking dish. Top spaghetti with remaining 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.
Made this last night, it was quickly and easily put together with ingredients I always have in my pantry or freezer. I did omit the chilli, and cut down a little on the ketchup, using only 3/4 of a cup, it still had a strong ketchupy taste. To make up for the potential shortfall in liquid, I added about 1/2 cup of red wine since I had an open bottle waiting to be used up :) Popped it all in the oven and was rewarded with a rich spaghetti bake that the family loved!!!! I have been told that I am Definitely making this again, soon!!! Thanks, WhiteHawkd! Made for PAC Spring 2008.