Recipe by Whitehawkd
An easy, cheesy baked entree that kids will love. Make an extra or cut recipe in half and freeze one for later.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made this last night, it was quickly and easily put together with ingredients I always have in my pantry or freezer. I did omit the chilli, and cut down a little on the ketchup, using only 3/4 of a cup, it still had a strong ketchupy taste. To make up for the potential shortfall in liquid, I added about 1/2 cup of red wine since I had an open bottle waiting to be used up :) Popped it all in the oven and was rewarded with a rich spaghetti bake that the family loved!!!! I have been told that I am Definitely making this again, soon!!! Thanks, WhiteHawkd! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti (I like the thin best)
- 1 lb ground chuck or 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (I don't use as I'm allergic to pepper) (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti following pkg directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cook ground chuck and onions in a large skillet, stirring until meat browns and crumbles; drain well.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder (optional), 1/4 cup of the shredded Cheddar, the Worcestershire sauce, catchup, and mustard into the meat mixture. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in spaghetti and beef stock.
- Spoon mixture into a Pam sprayed baking dish. Top spaghetti with remaining 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar and the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown.