Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy spaghetti casserole will be requested again and again for potlucks and family gatherings.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I concur with the following review, very kid friendly and comforting. So completely easy to throw together and I thought the flavor was great. One star missing because it was a little bit dry, I'd knock the noodles down to a 12 oz. package. Thanks for sharing!
This was a nice comfort food type of casserole that is "kid friendly". I felt the noodles would be overcooked if I prepared them per package directions and then baked them for 60 minutes, so I boiled the noodles for only 5 minutes before draining. For the oven time, the cheese was melted and the casserole hot/bubbly after the 40 minutes so I did not bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. The next time I make this casserole I plan to use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 hot Italian sausage and probably homemade spaghetti sauce.