Recipe by jean1
Very easy dish. Comes in handy during holidays. Can be put together and baked later. Its a nice change from regular spaghetti.
Top Review by rhondalynne
This recipe is one of our favorites! It can easily feed my large family of 7 with leftovers. I cook up 16 oz. of spaghetti instead of 12 oz. and use only 1/4 cup water instead of 1 cup.
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with liquid
- mushroom, cut up
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped olives
- 1 lb ground beef, can be made without beef
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet,saute onion,green pepper in butter until tender but not brown.
- Add tomatoes,mushrooms,olives,ground beef,oregano.
- Simmer,uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place half of cooked spaghet in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish (greased).
- Top with half the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Add remaining spaghetti.
- Add remaining sauce.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Mix soup with 1 cup water until smooth,pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered for 1 hour at 350,or heated through and bubbly.