Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a wonderful dish to have for a large gathering.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- In large skillet, saute onion and peppers with ground beef, then drain off grease.
- Add tomatoes, mushroom, olives, and oregano.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place half of the spaghetti in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of Cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Mix the mushroom soup with the water and pour over the casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this for dinner and this was very yummy. My 5 yrs old newphew ate this right up and said how yummy it smelled and tasted. This was such a simple easy dish to prepare. I followed the recipe as directed except I had to use stewed tomatoes as that's what I had on hand. I wasn't sure if to drain the tomatoes so I added them undrained. I also used 2 cups more spaghetti then directed. I still think it needs 2 more cups spaghetti divided. Overall this was very good and we will have this again for sure. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
Made exactly as written, but thought it was a little bland. It was still good, but I didn't think great. Also was a little dry. Will make again and adjust for this. Thanx for posting
Ok, I did substitue prepared sauce, and I omitted the onions, olives and peppers simply b/c I was out of them. I did do the rest as indicated, and I was surprised at how yummy it was. Sort of a creamy spaghetti mac and cheese dish. My picky kids ate it up! Thanks for a new exciting way to make spaghetti!