1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Chili and biscuits you can bake now or prepare ahead and bake later for your get together.
My Private Note
Deep Di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped and fried to crisp
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off cob
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits
- melted butter
- sour cream
- green onion, chopped
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Brown Chopped bacon till crisp, drain and set aside.
- 2Use same deep skillet to brown ground beef, then drain.
- 3Add onions and red peppers and brown 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in Corn, Chili Powder, Worstershire, Salt, Honey and Tomatoes with green chilis, and tomato paste.
- 5Transfer to Deep Dish Pie Pan or casserole and top with foil.
- 6At this stage you may put in fridge 1-3 days and then finish and bake.
- 7Bake covered chili in low 315 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 8Remove chili from oven and turn heat up to 350.
- 9Open foil and top with montery jack cheese and crumbled bacon.
- 10Dip the top of refridgerator biscuits in melted butter then cornmeal and place cornmeal side up on top of chili to cover of pie pan or casserole.
- 11Leave uncovered and bake an additional 20 minutes at 350.
- 12Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- 13Serve with sour cream and fresh green onions.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Southwest Chili Pie #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.0
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 1954.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g