Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Chili and biscuits you can bake now or prepare ahead and bake later for your get together.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped and fried to crisp
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off cob
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits
- melted butter
- sour cream
- green onion, chopped
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Brown Chopped bacon till crisp, drain and set aside.
- Use same deep skillet to brown ground beef, then drain.
- Add onions and red peppers and brown 5 minutes.
- Stir in Corn, Chili Powder, Worstershire, Salt, Honey and Tomatoes with green chilis, and tomato paste.
- Transfer to Deep Dish Pie Pan or casserole and top with foil.
- At this stage you may put in fridge 1-3 days and then finish and bake.
- Bake covered chili in low 315 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove chili from oven and turn heat up to 350.
- Open foil and top with montery jack cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Dip the top of refridgerator biscuits in melted butter then cornmeal and place cornmeal side up on top of chili to cover of pie pan or casserole.
- Leave uncovered and bake an additional 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh green onions.