Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Chili and biscuits you can bake now or prepare ahead and bake later for your get together.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped and fried to crisp
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off cob
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 count) can refrigerated biscuits
- melted butter
- sour cream
- green onion, chopped
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Brown Chopped bacon till crisp, drain and set aside.
- Use same deep skillet to brown ground beef, then drain.
- Add onions and red peppers and brown 5 minutes.
- Stir in Corn, Chili Powder, Worstershire, Salt, Honey and Tomatoes with green chilis, and tomato paste.
- Transfer to Deep Dish Pie Pan or casserole and top with foil.
- At this stage you may put in fridge 1-3 days and then finish and bake.
- Bake covered chili in low 315 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Remove chili from oven and turn heat up to 350.
- Open foil and top with montery jack cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Dip the top of refridgerator biscuits in melted butter then cornmeal and place cornmeal side up on top of chili to cover of pie pan or casserole.
- Leave uncovered and bake an additional 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and fresh green onions.