Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Good hearty dinner!!
Make and share this Baked Southern Fried Round Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Cut steak in serving size pieces.
- In shallow bowl mix flour.
- salt and pepper.
- In another bowl,place beaten eggs and milk.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet.
- Put steak in flour, then eggs, then flour again.
- Fry on med till browned.
- Place in baking pan.
- Put onions over steak.
- Pour broth on onions.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 60 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and bake 30 minutes more.
I reduced this to half as I was serving 3 rather than 6. It was absolutely delicious and so very easy to make! The steak came out nice and tender and very moist. I ended up baking for 45 minutes covered and removing the covering for an additional 15 minutes. Also, I was baking this in a glass dish, which may have contributed to the reduced cooking time. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe Inez!!!
As usual, I added a touch of garlic with this recipe. Seems messy, but actually easy to prepare compared to other similar recipes. Great Comfort Food!
This was even better than I thought it would be! I made the recipe exactly as posted and we both loved it. I wouldn't change anything. Well, what WAS I thinking!! We ALWAYS love your recipes, MissNezz!!