Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Strawberry Creek Inn in Idlyllwild, Calif.
- 1⁄2 loaf French bread, sliced
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 8 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish whith cooking spray.
- Cover bottom with bread slices and sprinkle cheeses, bacon and scallions over bread.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, milk, wine, mustard, sour cream and peppers until foamy.
- Pour mixture evenly over the cheese and bread.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 15 minute or until set.
- Remove foil and sprinkle omelet with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Return uncovered to the oven and bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minute.