Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy dish to make with delightful results. It is similar to one my grandmother use to make, but I could never quite get her results. Nevertheless, this turned out nice enough to serve company. It is not diet food, that's for sure!
- 1⁄2 lb egg noodles, thin style
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups low fat cottage cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter (must be the real thing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, grated (I use bottled white)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Boil noodles in salted water. Do not overcook! Drain.
- Blend all the rest of ingredients together and gently fold in noodles.
- Place in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 11/2 to 2 hours.