Recipe by VickyJ
This is baked in the oven and is great with any meat main course or on its own. You can increase or decrease serving amounts.
Top Review by Felix4067
This was all right, but nothing spectacular. The chives dried out and burned while baking (I used chives from my garden), and it needed a lot more salt and pepper than I would have thought, even for my household which is used to eating low-sodium meals. If I make it again I'll be tweaking it to work better...probably mix the chives, salt and pepper into the sour cream and stir at least once while baking to prevent the sour cream becoming a dry crust on top of the potatoes. I baked for almost 90 minutes at just above 350F and the larger chunks of potato were still not quite done through.
- 1 lb red new potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 350°F.
- -Wash and dry red potatoes.
- -Cut half or quarters.
- -Treat a 2-qt casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- -Toss potato chunks in olive oil, and place evenly in dish.
- -Distribute sour cream over vegetables.
- -Sprinkle with chives and salt-n-pepper to taste.
- -Cover with foil or lid and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- -Stir and enjoy.