Recipe by Abby Girl
This recipe is so easy. You gotta love lemon to enjoy this one. Make sure that the fillets are the same size for easy cooking
Top Review by RavenWolf
I have to be honest here... But i thought this sauce was beyond disgusting. It was tart, sweet, bitter. I think it would have been better without the sugar. Did not taste good at all. I actually threw it out and make an old stand by.
- 1 lb sole fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a medium baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Rinse fish with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up fish and place seam side down in baking pan. Bake at 425 for 15 - 20 minutes, until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- While fish is cooking, prepare sauce. Combine lemon juice, broth, sugar, ginger, cornstarch, lemon zest and garlic in a small saucepan. (this can be done in advance) Cook over medium high heat until mixture is bubbly and has thickened.
- Arrange fillets over serving plates and drizzle with sauce.