Adapted from a traditional Cornish recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the fish both inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan; slice the onions coarsely in rings and soften them in the oil for about 10-15 minutes, without allowing them to brown.
- 3Put half the onions over the bottom of an ovenproof dish and lay the fish on top.
- 4Slice the tomatoes and lay them over the fish.
- 5Now spread the onions on top and sprinkle the oil (in which they were softened) over everything.
- 6Add the parsley and lemon juice.
- 7Season again lightly and cover the fish with kitchen foil.
- 8Bake at 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes for small filets, 35-40 minutes for larger filets.
- 9Serve as it is, in the dish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sole Cornwall
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: