Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this delicious looking bar recipe on another website and the picture looks scrumptious. www.lovintheoven.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 king-sized milk chocolate candy bars (e.g. Hershey's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups marshmallow creme (not melted marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread chocolate with marshmallow creme or fluff.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.