Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook sausage, onion and garlic in oil until onions are tender.
- Add green pepper, mushrooms, salt and seasoning; continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and basil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Add prepared spaghetti to sauce; toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon one-half of the pasta mixture into a greased 2-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with one-half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta mixture and cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 375ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove cover, bake 5 minutes longer.