Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found in a local newspaper. Haven't tried it yet.
Make and share this Baked Sliced Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 6 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup other small dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Transfer to baking pan and bake 45 minutes or til a golden crust forms.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was not what I was expecting, but it ended up tasting very good. (I think I was expecting more of a "crisp" type dessert since there was rolled oats in it.) Since I am not a huge cooked apple fan I had my husband give me his thoughts on the recipe. He really liked it, but thought it could use a little more cinnamon. After initially tasting it as made, he had me add some French Vanilla Ice Cream to it and "wow!" that made it to where I even enjoyed a small bowl. We did peel the apples and used honey. We omitted the raisins out of personal preference. Thanks for sharing Okra. Made for PAC Spring 2012.