Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Martha Stewart recipe I've had for ages. This a real crowd pleaser and is so simple to put together. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and deveined large frozen shrimp, thawed, tails removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint (plus more for garnish)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees;, with rack set in upper third. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add scallions, garlic, and oregano; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally, until no liquid remains in skillet, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp and mint to skillet. Stir to combine; transfer to an 8-inch square (or other shallow 2-quart) baking dish. Crumble feta over top.
- Bake until liquid is bubbling, cheese is beginning to brown, and shrimp in center of dish are opaque, 15 to 20 minutes.
I really loved this dish! It was fast and easy, but still really tasty. It's going on my "keepers" list.
I was on the fence with this dish. My initial taste was kinda disappointing because I love all the individual ingredients... but the third and forth bites got better. I wouldn't serve it to company as there is just a little too much last minute prep work involved for my liking. I used grape tomatoes and my DD didn't care to see the tomato skins that were visable throughout the dish. You could barely taste the mint and I don't know whether it was worth going out and buying fresh...especially in the winter time. If I was to do the dish again, I probably would have chopped up the whole amount of mint that came in the package. With the gazillion amount of recipes for shrimp/prawns, I probably wouldn't come back to this one! Sorry!
This is a terrific recipe. It's the first time I have used fresh mint in a seafood dish and it was outstanding.