1/2 Photos of Baked Shrimp With Tomatillos
From simplyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT 8-Mexico.
My Private Note
lb. shr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 lb tomatillo, chopped
- 1/2 cup clam juice (or 1/2 cup tequila) or 1/4 cup water (or 1/2 cup tequila)
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined
- 1 cup cotija queso seco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- black pepper
- 1heat the oil in the pan you will use for baking. Add the onions and jalapenos, cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat until the onions begin to brown. Add the garlic and cook a minute more.Add the tomatillos, reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, until the tomatillos are cooked through, but still hold their shape. Sprinkle salt over the tomatillos as they are cooking.
- 2If using clam juice, add to the pan, turn up the heat and reduce by half. If using water, just add the 1/4 cup water without reducing.
- 3Add the cheese and shrimp. Cook in a 425 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pan from the oven. Right before serving, mix in the cilantro and sprinkle with lime juice and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shrimp With Tomatillos
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.9 mg
- Sodium 1027.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g