I like to use whole small salad shrimp for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, chopped (I used whole frozen salad shrimp, cooked, and just let them defrost naturally in the refrigerator)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 regular size flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Combine butter and oil; set aside.
- 2Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in 4 TB butter mixture in medium sauté pan on medium heat until tender.
- 3Add shrimp, if using raw shrimp, sauté till pink.
- 4Remove pan from heat, add next 3 ingredients.
- 5Place tortillas on foil lined baking sheets; brush 1 side of each tortilla with remaining butter mix.
- 6Turn tortilla over so buttered side is down; spread with shrimp mixture evenly over half of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese.
- 7Distribute mixture evenly between all tortillas.
- 8Fold over in half pressing a little.
- 9Bake at 475 for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 10Cut in half with a pizza cutter for appetizers or serve whole for brunch.
- 11Serve warm with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shrimp Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.4
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 444.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 11.9 g