Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like to use whole small salad shrimp for this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, chopped (I used whole frozen salad shrimp, cooked, and just let them defrost naturally in the refrigerator)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 regular size flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine butter and oil; set aside.
- Sauté onion, peppers and garlic in 4 TB butter mixture in medium sauté pan on medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp, if using raw shrimp, sauté till pink.
- Remove pan from heat, add next 3 ingredients.
- Place tortillas on foil lined baking sheets; brush 1 side of each tortilla with remaining butter mix.
- Turn tortilla over so buttered side is down; spread with shrimp mixture evenly over half of each tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Distribute mixture evenly between all tortillas.
- Fold over in half pressing a little.
- Bake at 475 for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Cut in half with a pizza cutter for appetizers or serve whole for brunch.
- Serve warm with salsa and sour cream if desired.
These were very good and very simple. I did have to change a couple of ingredients because I had no Monterey Jack & no jalapenos. But I did have pepper jack cheese and used that. I cut the recipe down to make 4 quesadillas but used nearly the full amount of cheese. Thanks for a delicious supper for my husband & me.