Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
From a seafood only cookbook. An interesting and simple seafood pesto
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (any style)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- fground black pepper
- crusty bread
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the shrimp in a shallow baking dish large enough for the shrimp to make just one layer, or divide them evenly among four individual baking dishes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (except bread) in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour this pesto mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp are just firm. Serve the shrimp with crusty bread. You can prepare this dish up to 8 hours ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake.