Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup mole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces mexican chocolate
- 36 medium shrimp, peeled, tail removed
- 15 ounces black beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped small
- 1 white onion, large peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, sliced thin
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- Boil shrimp for 3-4 minutes. Let cool and peel.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- Combine mole, chocolate, and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently to make sure chocolate doesn't burn. Keep warm while preparing shrimp filling.
- Combine shrimp, chopped jalapenos, onion, black beans, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Spread thin layer of mole mix onto one side of tortilla.
- Place 1/6 of shrimp filling onto the mole side of the tortilla and wrap up.
- Place in 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Repeat with remaining 5 tortillas.
- Pour remaining mole sauce over enchiladas and distribute sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle monterey jack cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Top with romaine, tomatoes, and queso fresco.