Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 19 mins
Cook 16 mins
Easy and delicious creole shrimp. Low fat too because it's done in the oven.
Make and share this Baked Shrimp Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I like to add a little extra shrimp but 1 pound is minimum)
- Also need 4 sheets Reynolds Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (12 x 18 inches each).
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or grill to medium-high.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, Creole seasoning, brown sugar and oregano.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bring up foil sides.
- Double fold top and ends to seal package, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill.