Prep 19 mins
Cook 16 mins
Easy and delicious creole shrimp. Low fat too because it's done in the oven.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I like to add a little extra shrimp but 1 pound is minimum)
- Also need 4 sheets Reynolds Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (12 x 18 inches each).
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or grill to medium-high.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, Creole seasoning, brown sugar and oregano.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- Bring up foil sides.
- Double fold top and ends to seal package, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make four packets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill.