Easy and delicious creole shrimp. Low fat too because it's done in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 -3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (I like to add a little extra shrimp but 1 pound is minimum)
- 1Also need 4 sheets Reynolds Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (12 x 18 inches each).
- 2Preheat oven to 450ºF or grill to medium-high.
- 3Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Combine rice, tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, Creole seasoning, brown sugar and oregano.
- 5Stir in shrimp.
- 6Center one-fourth of mixture on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- 7Bring up foil sides.
- 8Double fold top and ends to seal package, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- 9Repeat to make four packets.
- 10Bake 14 to 16 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 8 to 10 minutes in covered grill.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shrimp Creole
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 266.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic