Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These mushrooms are stuffed with goat cheese and herbs. This recipe is from the Olema Inn by the Point Reyes National Seashore.
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fines herbes (chopped parsley, chives, tarragon)
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned
- melted butter
- Mix the goat cheese with garlic, fines herbes, and ground pepper.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and stuff caps with cheese and place on a baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter and place in a 400°F oven for approximately 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
These are herby and good!! I used lemon and German thyme, basil, plus oregano all from my garden. Instead of butter, I used extra virgin olive oil and it worked out great!I added some kosher salt to the mix before I stuffed my mushrooms, and I'm glad that I did because the mushrooms needed salt. I found that you must serve these immediately because the goat cheese starts to crumble if you don't but luckily, we ate them all up!! Thanks for the recipe!!
These are just delicious! A great hos d'oeuvres or side dish. I used chevre. Very simple yet sophisticated. Reviewed for ZaarTag.