from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef (i prefer turkey)
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained (28 oz can)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce or 1/2 cup homemade pesto sauce
- 3/4 lb medium pasta shell
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large 9x13 baking dish.
- 2In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring ocassional until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the ground meat and cook, breaking it up, until browns, about 2 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- 3Add the tomatoes and salt to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the shells in a large pot of salted, boiling weater until just done, about 10 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce. Put half of the pasta into the prepared baking dish and top with half the mozzarella and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan. Repeat with the remaining pasta, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Bake until bubbling, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shells With Pesto, Mozzarella, and Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.5
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 1467.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: