My kids love meatballs and shell pasta, so we came up with this dish one night - it is a cross between a baked pasta and meatball sub casserole!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs prepared frozen or homemade meatballs
- 1 (16 ounce) box large shell pasta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) jar prepared spaghetti sauce or 1 (28 ounce) jar homemade spaghetti sauce
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Boil pasta according to directions- making sure to not overcook (al dente)!
- 3If meatballs are frozen, thaw--I like to brown mine either on the stove or in the oven.
- 4Combine the ricotta, sour cream and Italian seasoning- I add an extra dash of garlic and freshly ground pepper.
- 5Spray a 9x13 deep baker with Pam.
- 6Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of baking pan.
- 7Top this with 1/2 of the pasta shells drained.
- 8Top with the ricotta mixture.
- 9Top with all the meatballs.
- 10Then layer with remaining 1/2 of shell pasta.
- 11Top with all the sauce.
- 12Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (I just sprinkle a little on top).
- 13Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly!
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shells and Meatball Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.2
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.7 mg
- Sodium 990.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 30.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: