Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My kids love meatballs and shell pasta, so we came up with this dish one night - it is a cross between a baked pasta and meatball sub casserole!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs prepared frozen or homemade meatballs
- 1 (16 ounce) boxlarge shell pasta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) jarprepared spaghetti sauce or 1 (28 ounce) jarhomemade spaghetti sauce
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil pasta according to directions- making sure to not overcook (al dente)!
- If meatballs are frozen, thaw--I like to brown mine either on the stove or in the oven.
- Combine the ricotta, sour cream and Italian seasoning- I add an extra dash of garlic and freshly ground pepper.
- Spray a 9x13 deep baker with Pam.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of baking pan.
- Top this with 1/2 of the pasta shells drained.
- Top with the ricotta mixture.
- Top with all the meatballs.
- Then layer with remaining 1/2 of shell pasta.
- Top with all the sauce.
- Top with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese (I just sprinkle a little on top).
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly!
I made this for supper;it was really good; we enjoyed it very much.I used my homemade tomato sauce and some frozen cooked meatballs I had.Thanks for sharing.