Recipe by Deantini
This is another recipe from Toronto Star. The original recipe called for chicken wings and with the skin left on. We believe however after we made it with the skin on that it would be better with the skin off. You can do it either way and let me know what you prefer.The flavour of the parmesan comes thru very nicely.
Top Review by Susie D
What a great way to make chicken drumsticks! The breading was terrific. It forms a flavorful crust with being heavy. There was enough to bread 12 drumsticks. To accommodate those who don't care for cayenne I omitted it from the mix and then sprinkled on a few of the drumsticks before baking. Thank you for sharing this recipe! Discovered during ZWT6.
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, dry, grated
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove skin from drumsticks.
- In a large plastic bag (or deep bowl) shake/mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, cayenne and onion powder.
- Melt butter.
- Brush chicken with melted butter and shake in bag / roll in deep bowl.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees; turn chicken and bake another 5-10 minute
- You can also broil the last few minutes if you like the chicken really crispy.