Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is another recipe from Toronto Star. The original recipe called for chicken wings and with the skin left on. We believe however after we made it with the skin on that it would be better with the skin off. You can do it either way and let me know what you prefer.The flavour of the parmesan comes thru very nicely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove skin from drumsticks.
- In a large plastic bag (or deep bowl) shake/mix together bread crumbs, parmesan, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, cayenne and onion powder.
- Melt butter.
- Brush chicken with melted butter and shake in bag / roll in deep bowl.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Bake for 30 min at 350 degrees; turn chicken and bake another 5-10 minute
- You can also broil the last few minutes if you like the chicken really crispy.
What a great way to make chicken drumsticks! The breading was terrific. It forms a flavorful crust with being heavy. There was enough to bread 12 drumsticks. To accommodate those who don't care for cayenne I omitted it from the mix and then sprinkled on a few of the drumsticks before baking. Thank you for sharing this recipe! Discovered during ZWT6.
Easy and delicious. I had chicken wings on hand, so used those. They worked very well! We enjoyed this quick recipe very much. Now I can't wait to try them with boneless, skinless chicken breasts! ~Made for ZWT6 Family Picks - Zee Zesties~
These smelled heavenly while baking in the oven and were absolutely delicious as well. Keeper wing recipe ~ very easy and you don't have to worry about basting with sauce while baking. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 ~ FAMILY PICKS and the Queens of Quisine!