Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken is briefly marinated in soy sauce, garlic, ginger and marmalade and served with plain white rice for a delicious but simple dish. Time does not include 15 mins marinating time.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, to garnish
- Mix the garlic, ginger, orange marmalade and soy sauce together in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken thighs, stir, cover and set aside for 15min.
- Put the chicken in a roasting tin and roast at 425°F for 35min, basting and moving the chicken around in the tin so that it cooks evenly and is cooked to the centre. Lift the chicken out of the tin and keep warm.
- Skim the fat off the juices in the roasting tin, discard the fat, bring the juices to the boil and bubble for 30sec. Spoon the juices over the chicken, sprinkle the sesame seeds over and serve with boiled white rice.
This is an easy recipe to put together. The chicken didn't have as much flavor as I was hoping, so next time I will marinate it longer, to get some of the flavor into the meat itself. Made for My 3 Chefs game.