Sassy Cat's Note:
This is a recipe from Kikkoman--they make soy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (I use Kikkoman low sodium)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Combine sesame seed, bread crumbs, onion powder and pepper in shallow pan or plate.
- 2Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray then add butter remove from heat and stir in soy sauce.
- 3Coat both sides of chicken, 1 piece at a time, with butter mixture, then with sesame seed mixture.
- 4Arrange chicken, side by side, in foil-lined baking pan.
- 5Bake in 375 degree oven 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
- 6Meanwhile, combine sweet & Sour sauce, brown sugar and 3 Tbl water in small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture boils.
- 7Remove from heat stir in sesame oil.
- 8Serve sauce with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Sesame Chicken With Sweet & Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.9
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 460.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 29.4 g