Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple recipe for beets. I usually dont measure out the ingredients its more of your personal preference.
- 3 large beets
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel beets and slice into very thin slices.(like potato chips).
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large ziploc bag place the beets and contents of bowl. Shake well to make sure beets are completely coated with liquid.
- Place beets on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 45 minutes to an hour turning beets halfway through. Keep an eye on them to make sure they dont burn.
Wanted to try something different with beets. I followed the recipe other then I used splenda for sugar and didn't add allspice as I didn't have any. This was a tasty snack that we all enjoyed. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
I just love this idea! I think I may have sliced mine a bit too thin, though, as they went from baking to burnt rather quickly (though I did watch them). The ones that did not burn, hoewever, were truly yummy. I skipped the sugar since beets are already so sweet, and I use seasoned salt instead of all the spices. The vinegar is a wonderful touch! I will certainly make these again, as I am always looking for healthy snacks for my family. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Made for PAC Spring '09. I was being brave to try this, and was pleasantly surprised!!! :) Thanks!